If you haven’t made it your new years resolution to get in shape, then you most likely know someone that has. It’s the most popular resolution. Get in shape, lose weight, eat healthier, join the gym, or some variation of any of those. We all hope we can stick with it and make it part of our daily routine, but it can be challenging when life gets in the way.
Here are a few tips to keep that resolution going strong all year long:
- Work out in the morning. If you get up an hour earlier to workout, you are more likely to do it. If you plan your workout after work, then you are sure to find an excuse to not do it. Long day, hard day, tired, and headache just to name a few.
- Keep a work out journal. If you make yourself write it down on the days you do workout and the days you don’t, you are more likely to want to workout. If you put a big red “X” on the days you did not workout, then you will want to visibly keep those to a minimum.
- Buy some new workout clothes every few months. Everyone gets excited to wear something new and to look the part. If you are having a day that you don’t want to go to the gym, but you just bought a great new workout shirt, then it will probably be enough to persuade you to go.
- Treat yourself after your workout. On those days that you just don’t want to go to the gym, try bribing yourself with something worthy after your workout. Maybe a manicure?
- Workout with a friend. Nothing motivates you more than having a friend to workout with. You are less likely to convince a friend that you can’t go to the gym because it’s raining outside. You can help each other out when not feeling motivated.